• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

re: anemone and pair of clowns

so my prayers had been answered and clowns have found bubble rose anemone. and that's where new problem started. before that - the smaller was bossed around by the bigger female from time to time and he was doing his seizure like dance around her all the time. but now he found a new object of interest: anemone. believe it or not, the smallest fish in the tank (he is about 6 months old) will go after coral beauty to defend his anemone if beauty gets close to anemone. the female clown is not allowed inside the anemone and it looks like his love for her is weakening to say the least. will the love for her come back to him? can they host together? do I need to get second anemone? please advise if it is normal and i am just curious whats next. it is so nice to see him inside, it is breathtaking. but where is his sexual desire for female - that what i want to know.

if the male is still young its prob. not sexually mature yet anyways. you dont need another anemone, infact clowns do not need one for their survival. they will host anything and everything from green star polyps, torches to live rock and the side of a tank, what it comes down to is what they feel comfortable and safe in.

will his interests in the bigger female come back??? it sounds crazy, but he is obsessed with the anemone. it took him about 10 days to find it, but now he doesn't leave it for more than 5 seconds.