• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

rebuilding thread(s) on your own (required some web technical skill)

malulu

NJRC Member
Hi,

Just a heads up.

I just did some search keywords with google, and it seems to have some old posts in cache. (if you don't know what this mean ???, sorry, this is just geek talk... ::))

I tried to bring up some, and i think i can use them to rebuild some of my threads, it would be very time consuming, but it can be done. I will try to do some later, and see how it goes.

in the mean time, you all can started to explored the possibilities and posts tricks and tips if any.

Note:
It is IMPOSSIBLE to use these cached contents to rebuild the NJRC site's missing days (a whole missing year), you can only pick and choose what you need, and wish it have a cache on the google server, and start from there.
::)

malulu

NJRC Member
this is the thread i rebuilt...

Note:
since I can't FAKE other member's posts, i will have to come up with something "creative".

------

here is the not too quick overview:

• i goto google look for keywords "new jersey reefers malulu make over"
  • i found some links, and also noticed there is a thing called "More results from njreefers.org »"
  • i then click on that link
  • it then shows more similar links, now DO NOT CLICK the heading, instead click the word "Cached" at the end of the link
  • it will shows the whole content of that they have stored in google
  • i then copied and pasted the whole pages into a microsoft-word document
  • i made the word document pager size to 22" x 22", to be easy to work with later on
  • goto NJRC, and started your new thread
  • do some cut and paste from MS-WORD to NJRC
  • repeat the last steps!!!! many many many times (this is the most time consuming parts of this whole process ::) )
  • one thing you need to keep in mind:
  • - keep a separate window (let's call it BB) with the same NJRC webpage (let's call it AA) you are working with
  • - as soon as you post your 1st page (AA), you immediately lock the page (so no one can replied to it)
  • - you can compose your next reply, preview, but it will tell you that the thread was locked, this is ok
  • - right before you are ready to post your new post again (AA), unlock the thread from the other open NJRC page (BB), then switch it back to (AA) to post, "it will some how" auto lock again! (don't know why, but this is what it is!) :p

have fun!

this is done with normal user privileged, without any special permission as MOD...

Edwardw771

NJRC Member
I was looking at Google cache to try to recover. I'm told it doesn't stay long so if your going use this better hurry up.

malulu

NJRC Member
yeap!

go find what you need, and saved them all down first...
then re-created the thread later.

i work in IT as a software developer (programs and websites), and when we do projects we have to go from start to end, this includes helping with the server setup and configuration all the way to completion and setting up automated backups.

let me know if you guys need any help with anything regarding the site.