• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Recommendations on a 5L dosing container

Was reading some reviews and have heard catching air bubbles is a concern so it should be well made. Curious to hear what others recommend.

Salted

NJRC Member
Go to any dollar type store. Always a large selection of containers in different sizes and shapes to choose from. Or stroll down the juice isle at the supermarket.

I think the dosers I found have an attachment so that the tubing connects directly to the top. I guess I can just run the tubing down instead. If yall can do that so can I;);)

horseplay

NJRC Member
You can get rigid airline tubing that connects to regular tubing. You can use it inside the container. At one point I was looking for larger dosing containers but I think the largest one was only 1.5L. So you do have to make your own.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I use three 16oz containers from the Dollar Store. Drill / cut a small hole in lid and attached a plastic straw then slid the airline tube into the straw.

Salted

NJRC Member
I think the dosers I found have an attachment so that the tubing connects directly to the top. I guess I can just run the tubing down instead. If yall can do that so can I;);)
If you want the fittings they’re available at both lowes and Home Depot or any plumbing supply store.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Not quite 5 liters, but I use 1 gallon cereal containers from Walmart. I purchased because they have a wide opening to make refilling easy.

1702325712983.png

And did I mention my DIY NOPOX dosing containers.....they're special! :oops: