• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Red and blue hermits help!

So I stopped at ACC a couple days ago to pick up some blue leg hermits and it seems they accidentally threw in a red leg.
I know they can sometimes be trouble makers. My question is, what should I do? Do I keep it? Do I take it back?
(I'm not blaming them, I know since they hide it's hard to tell. They're my favorite LFS and are always super helpful when I have questions. Just an honest mistake)

You should be fine. They will be more interested algae and left over food. Just keep them fed. But crabs will be crabs. They will both take out a snail occasionally when it’s time for a bigger home. If it’s hungry or they get into a tussle then the red might snack on a blue, but it’s not going to regularly actively hunt them down. Mine are always interacting and walking over each other and very rarely ever a problem.

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I think crabs get a bad rap. I like a diverse cleanup crew so I get all kinds of snails and crabs. Every reef has crabs so they serve a purpose. I don’t think I would do a reef tank with no crabs.