• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Red sea roller mat 500

Hallowhead

NJRC Member
I use the 500 and I friggin love it.

I get probably two ish months out of a roll. It pulls some dark crud from the tank.

No smell in my sump area, this was my biggest concern.

The reefmats are a little clunky in size by nature so make sure you have ample room.

My only con thus far which is solved with tape is when you put a new roll on and it winds onto the waste roll it slips and the computer gets confused. Just throw a piece of tape on the end when installing and it will wind tight with no issues

reefsandrotts

NJRC Member
I use the 500 and I friggin love it.

I get probably two ish months out of a roll. It pulls some dark crud from the tank.

No smell in my sump area, this was my biggest concern.

The reefmats are a little clunky in size by nature so make sure you have ample room.

My only con thus far which is solved with tape is when you put a new roll on and it winds onto the waste roll it slips and the computer gets confused. Just throw a piece of tape on the end when installing and it will wind tight with no issues
Are you using the legs or is it hung on your sump?
My sump is 36x15x16 so it should fit

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Been running mine since the 1200 came out. No issues. Easy to setup easy to change the roll. Hardest part was cutting the glass parts in the sump.

reefsandrotts

NJRC Member
Been running mine since the 1200 came out. No issues. Easy to setup easy to change the roll. Hardest part was cutting the glass parts in the sump.
I picked up a 36" ruby sump super cheap,ill cut off where the bulkheads and filter sick holders are to put the rollermat in that chamber