• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

REDSANDAQ.COM !!! new website

Coming Soon to a Computer near you is

http://www.redsandaq.com

LOGOPNGSHORT.png

What would people like to mostly see on the site? Things we have planned are

1. 600 Gallon unveiling of new Frag tank
2. Itemized Inventory lists
3. Fish requests daily of fish you would like him to order
4. Animal Hospital (Fished are Housed as Sold until eating to a buyer)
5. Pre-Buy's before shipments arrive you can choose to purchase livestock which will be sold to you after they have been verified to be eating, disease free, and healthy.
6. Upcoming Site Launch Store Frag Swap
Feng will provide water and basic lighting and the place for reefers to congregate and swap. His own frags and fish will also be on sale. Hopefully there will be some sponsors that will attend or donate free schwag for the attendees.

NJ reefer Editorials. Members of the NJ reef website will be able to submit articles and writeups to the site for viewing by other members.

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Those are all great ideas! Glad to see the store is coming along nicely, I haven't been there in a few months...I'll need to stop buy again. The in-store swap sounds like a wonderful idea, just beware of the crowd it will draw! :D

Just curious, are you going to be acting as a liason to the club for Feng?

asonitez said:

5. Pre-Buy's before shipments arrive you can choose to purchase livestock which will be sold to you after they have been verified to be eating, disease free, and healthy.
Feng will provide water and basic lighting and the place for reefers to congregate and swap. His own frags and fish will also be on sale. Hopefully there will be some sponsors that will attend or donate free schwag for the attendees.

NJ reefer Editorials. Members of the NJ reef website will be able to submit articles and writeups to the site for viewing by other members.

Updates to the Logo... I figure I should Treat Red Sands Website Design as a Tank Build :)

Here are some updates to the graphics.

splash.jpg

I do like the logo. But.. a lot of blue. Behind the turtle should have some color, he kind of dissappears into the background.

like the fish he is kinda swimming off the page im experimenting with different hues and colors.. i have an alternative one that I like better right now.... I don't think i likethe corals and reef on the left side I kinda tossed them in there to see what they looked like but i doubt i will actually keep them there. My goal with the site is to definately use colors of blue but be really professional and fast loading. Many of the graphical elements in the images are vectors and as such when they are put into FLASH they will load incredibly fast and still look amazing. Theres not much that I can do about the turtle because instead I can make him "HARDER" or deeper or bigger on the web page. Not sure yet how I'm gonna do it but The actual internals of the website is taking the most time. One of the things that Feng wants if for people that buy fish and corals from him to upload their pictures to the website so that the world can see how the corals are doing in peoples tank. I have made this possible easilly and I know it will be pretty slick.. I can't wait to unveil the whole site in its entirety :)

great logos. A great idea I haven't seen before would be some sort of webcam that would show one of your prize tanks that has new things for sale in it. That way people can see the fish/coral live without being there.

radiata

NJRC Member
asonitez,

I vote for...

WITH PRICES!

Regards,
Bob D.

asonitez said: