• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

reef cleaners order

Rueric

NJRC Member
anyone placing an order from reef cleaners anytime soon?
shipping usually kills the deal for me, i'd be happy to go in on an order if someone is planning anything.

thanks!

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I could use something’s. Where are you located ?

nightmarepl

NJRC Member
Sadly their stock is always out of things… which is annoying i also order their pods i literally got a bag of water…

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I did the group but with Dangerdave few years back and stuff missing, dead, etc. They made good with reimbursement but have not gone back to order again.

Got my pods on e-Bay here - pods

Rueric

NJRC Member
mainly looking for either Pitho or Emerald crabs to help take care of some bubble algae..
the emerald i bought from AC doesnt eat it :(

Salted

NJRC Member
Lol does that even work wouldn’t you bring in some crazy stuff from this water
It does. Someone here did it last summer., there’s a thread about it. I just never made the time to go down. They brought a bucket and grabbed sea lettuce on the jetty and collected thousands of pods.

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
RC has been hit or miss the past few years and their stock is inconsistant.
Saying that, they have great prices, will honor any DOA with a refund or credit, and usually throw a few extras in the bags.
If anyone down the Shore area (I'm in Brick) wants to do a group buy, maybe we can start up a seperate thread if enough interest.

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I was a big fan of reef cleaner. But now I have to agree his animas are not the same quality. They snails are tiny and my last order I got a lot of dead inverts

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
RC has been hit or miss the past few years and their stock is inconsistant.
Saying that, they have great prices, will honor any DOA with a refund or credit, and usually throw a few extras in the bags.
If anyone down the Shore area (I'm in Brick) wants to do a group buy, maybe we can start up a seperate thread if enough interest.
I may need a few extra small snails. I still have those 2 huge turbo snails; think they are going on 5 years old now.

Subliminal

NJRC Member
I was in Reefco today and they had a buttload of inverts. Didn't have the fish I wanted, but the snails and crabs were almost excessive. ;-)

I ordered from Reef Cleaners a few weeks back. I wanted peppermint shrimp, and ended up order them and enough stuff to get free shipping. Everything arrived in good order...except the peppermint shrimp. One was just dead...the other was...floating pink flakes. I asked if they would just send me some more peppermint shrimp, as thats what i really wanted...but they gave me the $12 in credit instead.

But I have to say, the conchs I got are amazing, the snails are very happy, and the sexy shrimp is...well...sexy.

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Gotta watch with the bumbles. They bounce.
But seriously (not that anyone got that)...
They are carnivores and they do like to eat other snails on occasion, some may eat other snails over any other food.
Ask me how I know.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Gotta watch with the bumbles. They bounce.
But seriously (not that anyone got that)...
They are carnivores and they do like to eat other snails on occasion, some may eat other snails over any other food.
Ask me how I know.
I have so many vermatids they will be pigs rolling in it.
I would like to get some hermits but always concerned about them bothering fish.