• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Reefer 750 XXL

eholceker

NJRC Member
For those that have one I suggest going to reef2reef to find the thread about these things leaking. For those considering one or have not set it up I would look at something else!!!!

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I've been following this whole thing on the reefer fb group page. it created a whole panic with every reefer owner. I hate when people who either dont own a red sea tank, or use the "I heard" phrase chime in. I'm going to contact ACC and tell them indont mind waiting for the new batches of 750s to be made with the new cabinet kits, before sending me ours. I like that red sea took the matter seriously for 750 owners, all other models should be fine.

eholceker

NJRC Member
I am still undecided what I am going to do with mine. Thinking about dumping at the curb and going back old school.with 210 aqueon. I am not sure how much I trust this fix or really put any faith in their company. Sucks that I have 3 of their tanks. The 750, 450, and a 170.

Humblefish

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
There are many discussions going on in the Facebook groups about this as well. Just confirms what many already suspected. I would also steer clear of any Marineland "Deep Dimension" tanks. If it's bigger than say 150 gallons, it's worth the extra $$$ to pay a company like Planet Aquariums to build it.

eholceker

NJRC Member
There are many discussions going on in the Facebook groups about this as well. Just confirms what many already suspected. I would also steer clear of any Marineland "Deep Dimension" tanks. If it's bigger than say 150 gallons, it's worth the extra $$$ to pay a company like Planet Aquariums to build it.

Do you think this would be the same.for the 210 Aqueon?

Humblefish

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
Do you think this would be the same.for the 210 Aqueon?

I have a friend with a 180 Aqueon, and so far so good. She's had it setup for 2 years now I think. I just feel there is a greater likelihood of a seam failing due to how sloppy the silicone is on most Aqueon tanks.