• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Reefing USA Frag Show! 11/7/21 in Fort Lee!

Salted

NJRC Member
But then why isn’t it listed as “Reefing USA”, New Jersey? Do they think people can’t find NJ? Is saying it’s in NY more prestigious somehow? Seems like an insult.

But then why isn’t it listed as “Reefing USA”, New Jersey? Do they think people can’t find NJ? Is saying it’s in NY more prestigious somehow? Seems like an insult.
No clue on the semantics. Like I said, many events across all industries utilize the NY name but have the event in NJ. Not here to argue about names, just here to say there’s a frag show!

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
The Statue of Liberty is in NJ. But if you ask anyone in the world they will say it’s in NYC. Nj will alway play 2nd fiddle to NYC

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Maybe I will tailgate there before the Giants game, looks like a good time, I will have to catch the next one.

radiata

NJRC Member
Is there a specific web site for this show? Please post the URL if there is one. Anyone seen any copy about the show on any sellers' web sites? Please post the URLs if there are any. Anyone seen any flyers in their LFS? The smallest recent local shows have been held at Pratt (thank you Randy D). I have to wonder if this show will be anywhere near the quality of a Pratt shows. They've had some nationally known brands exhibiting there. And, they had interesting speakers.

This show has really caught me off guard. I'll probably elect to watch NFL games that afternoon. (I may show up if the 1PM games are, duh, only for Giants and Jets fans.) If you're going to attend, I hope you're not disappointed. Some how I can't shake the feeling that this show is being staged by and/or for local basement fraggers who are to looking to grow their local businesses.

I'd also like to know if, like any other show, the coral sellers cut their prices as the afternoon wears on. No coral seller wants to repack any of their corals for the trip home. Please let me know if this happens - maybe I'll actually make the show's next iteration.

Zoanthids.com

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
Vendors are coming in from around the country. We're coming in from Utah for the show (Zoanthids.com and Ultra Corals), we used to come to the show at Pratt as well. We even came for a few to the NJ Reefer's club swaps so we're excited to make it out again. Reefing USA is a newer chain of trade shows that has been traveling all around the US this year. The website is ReefingUSA.com, here are a couple of other links for you all...

Facebook Event Page: Log into Facebook
Reefing USA Page: Log into Facebook

Hope this helps clarify

Is there a specific web site for this show? Please post the URL if there is one. Anyone seen any copy about the show on any sellers' web sites? Please post the URLs if there are any. Anyone seen any flyers in their LFS? The smallest recent local shows have been held at Pratt (thank you Randy D). I have to wonder if this show will be anywhere near the quality of a Pratt shows. They've had some nationally known brands exhibiting there. And, they had interesting speakers.

This show has really caught me off guard. I'll probably elect to watch NFL games that afternoon. (I may show up if the 1PM games are, duh, only for Giants and Jets fans.) If you're going to attend, I hope you're not disappointed. Some how I can't shake the feeling that this show is being staged by and/or for local basement fraggers who are to looking to grow their local businesses.

I'd also like to know if, like any other show, the coral sellers cut their prices as the afternoon wears on. No coral seller wants to repack any of their corals for the trip home. Please let me know if this happens - maybe I'll actually make the show's next iteration.
As Zoanthids.com stated, vendors from around the country are coming to this show. Speaking to our shop personally, we have a commercial growout facility in Paterson and are in the process of finishing up our showroom, which we hope (as long as electrician puts final receptacles in) will be all ready to go for Black Friday! We are a dealer for Ecotech Marine, Neptune Systems, Planet Aquariums, Tropic Marin - just to name a few. ReefingUSA has developed strict standards to specifically avoid having “basement vendors” show up to offload some of their frags. Having an actual commercial facility and being a legitimate business carry huge costs as well as a standard of professionalism. While ReefingUSA is a newer chain of frag shows, they have a great lineup set for 2022! As always, happy reefing and we hope to see you all there!

deepblue68

POTM Winner
I know zoanthids.com has been at the acc shows in nj and I have bought from them and I have also done business with covey corals which has alot of nice stuff and ships to nj at reasonable price.i do believe both are on Facebook and instagram.
I will try make show to check you guys out
Good luck