• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Reefing USA Frag Show! 11/7/21 in Fort Lee!

radiata

NJRC Member
Vendors are coming in from around the country. We're coming in from Utah for the show (Zoanthids.com and Ultra Corals), we used to come to the show at Pratt as well. We even came for a few to the NJ Reefer's club swaps so we're excited to make it out again. Reefing USA is a newer chain of trade shows that has been traveling all around the US this year. The website is ReefingUSA.com, here are a couple of other links for you all...

Facebook Event Page: Log into Facebook
Reefing USA Page: Log into Facebook

Hope this helps clarify

Thank you for the link to the ReefingUSA site. Unfortunately it really seems to be a site that was born just yesterday. It might be kinder to refer to it as a work-in-progress. Where is the information on the three upcoming shows? (11/6 in Boston, 11/7 in "New York", and 11/13 in St Louis). There appears to have been a 9/26 show in Chelsea, MI. And there's an undated reference to a show in Charlotte, NC. Shouldn't there be more complete information posted on the upcoming shows? I sure can't find any on the site. Shouldn't there be photos showing past shows? I don't see any of the other past shows referenced from "all around the US this year".

All this begs the question does ReefingUSA have actual ownership of the shows, or is it just some sort of affiliated advertising sponsor?

All that said, if your Sunday expectation is for a show of the caliber of previous NJRC Frag Meets, you'll be happy you attended. If you're expecting a Reef-a-Palooza (or even a Pratt show) I'm afraid you'll be sadly disappointed.

Thank you for the link to the ReefingUSA site. Unfortunately it really seems to be a site that was born just yesterday. It might be kinder to refer to it as a work-in-progress. Where is the information on the three upcoming shows? (11/6 in Boston, 11/7 in "New York", and 11/13 in St Louis). There appears to have been a 9/26 show in Chelsea, MI. And there's an undated reference to a show in Charlotte, NC. Shouldn't there be more complete information posted on the upcoming shows? I sure can't find any on the site. Shouldn't there be photos showing past shows? I don't see any of the other past shows referenced from "all around the US this year".

All this begs the question does ReefingUSA have actual ownership of the shows, or is it just some sort of affiliated advertising sponsor?

All that said, if your Sunday expectation is for a show of the caliber of previous NJRC Frag Meets, you'll be happy you attended. If you're expecting a Reef-a-Palooza (or even a Pratt show) I'm afraid you'll be sadly disappointed.
I don’t think anyone said it would be a RAP, nor did anyone think it would be a RAP. It’s a frag show. There are frag shows every weekend across the country, most being small events. You’re completely entitled to an opinion, but you’re attacking a frag show. I don’t understand what you’re trying to achieve. It’s 10 livestock vendors total. It was created and advertised as a smaller event. Most are held in breweries.

Why are you trying to tear it apart? Are you being forced to go? Are you being forced to participate?

Someone is finally hosting SOME sort of event for the reefing community. Something that hasn't happened in a while. You can choose to go or not go. But there's no need to attack someone trying to advertise for a show. If you think you can do better, i highly suggest hosting some sort of event for the NJRC and show us what you can do. I would be glad to attend.
let people make their own decisions

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
From my reptile experience often times the smaller shows are best. People are more personable and good conversation.
I cannot make it today but hopefully next time.

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I'm mad it ends at 3pm!! if it was until 5 I would be there :(

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
yo how can you comment on a show before the show even starts? that's like me saying a movie sucks before seeing the movie ? I would loved to have gone because it's smaller facility, few vendors, which means better service. the time just doesn't work for me. good luck guys and hope to go to the next one. FYI I've bought from some of those vendors at RAP, and they got some goodies. everyone gotta start somewhere right ? ok, back to breakfast. im.actially going to be in secaucus today, sucks its not today!!

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Quoting myself because I can't edit my post. Anyway, I don't need anything, and have limited space, so my preference would be to go on the later side and bargain hunt.
Did you go? Anything good- I'm still trying to get my house in order- nothing new for now ( unless it's free lol)

Salted

NJRC Member
Did you go? Anything good- I'm still trying to get my house in order- nothing new for now ( unless it's free lol)
No, went to two different cars and coffee events today with a friend. He got a new car recently and is getting into the car show thing. No one responded to my offer so I just came home and did my regular Sunday tank maintenance and watched my new purple tang :) .