• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Refugium inverts, creatures

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I keep some hermits and snails in mine. Its small a HOB fuge. Others have larger ones and keep cheap fish in there. You don't want to stock it heavy. Extremely lite stocking or it will defeat the purpose of having a fuge.

mantis32 said:
Other than Chaeto, LR, and Live Sand...what else can I put/keep in my refugium?

You forgot the most important thing. Water!! But seriously, I am a big fan of red mangroves.

Any kind of macroalgae (not just chaeto). You can also keep in anything that pods will use for hiding/housing (like bioballs that I have seen some people use), not just LR. You can keep your standard clening crew - snails, hermits, stars etc. Don't keep fish because then it wont be a refugium at all but just another connected tank. Even the fish that is considered completely herbivoreus might eat nice zooplankton that you want to cultivate mostly for your corals.