• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

replacing t5 lamps

good morning to all---i have a question about t5 lights...
i have these lights http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Produ...ll&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Np=1&N=2004&Nty=1
they came with 2 Slimpaq 460nm Actinic and 2 10000°K T-5 HO lamps, now my question is--would you think there would be a problem if i replaced the actinics, either 1 or both of them with another 10000 ho lamp.all the bulbs are the same wattage
i sort of like the look without the actinics, but before i replace them with the 10000 lamps i thought i'd ask for other opinions
thanks
steve

It all comes down to looks and what you have in the tank. The Actinic will bring out some colors on the corols that the 10k can't. You should replace one and see if you like the look. If you don't, than replace both Actinics. I love to watch my tank when the Actinics are on. The colors are amazing. Everyone has different taste though.