• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Reputable electronics repair in Central NJ

bigyankfan

Treasurer
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I have a Bubble Magus 9+ skimmer - the controller is shot and I've tried contacting BM about ordering a replacement but have gotten no reply. My question is this - are all DC skimmer controllers the same? I have Reef Octopus DC return pumps anr the controller is very similar - a DC adapter port and a three pin connector plug with a screw ring. Can I use *any* DC skimmer controller on my BM? Thx for reading.

Salted

NJRC Member
I’ve read that Bubble Magus is rebranded Jabeo. Maybe try asking them or see if you can get a Jabeo controller. Gl.

bigyankfan

Treasurer
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I would if they ever answered emails and there is no phone number. I'll try getting a Jebao controller.

bigyankfan

Treasurer
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Since no one knows if I can use *any* DC controller for the pump in my Bubble-Magus and I can't get any response from their "Customer Service" department the only other option I see is to have my current controller repaired. Can anyone recommend a reputable electronics repair place in Central NJ that could fix the controller board for me? Thx for looking.