• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Restarting a 40 pillar reef.

025_zps2c8cedd7.jpg

024_zpseaf3d038.jpg

021_zps5536f74d.jpg

020_zpsbf4c6acd.jpg

019_zps0e40e751.jpg

018_zps9c448e48.jpg

017_zpsec9454b4.jpg

Josh looks great really like the acans in the 8th pic from the top very nice color on them and they look very healthy

Well a small update. I had a crash(my fault) and lost most of the sps(mostly the nicer ones). All the LPS, Zoa's, Softies and Nems did fine. Had to do a lights out for 2 weeks to kill off all the cyno, dyno, and HA. Surprizingly everything did fine, Nems bleached out a little and the RBTA moved to the very top of the tank before it stopped moving again.

Another thing is I only have one maybe 2(only see one)fish left. If I don't add any other fish will this be okay. Don't know how many people go with no/minimal fish in a reef tank. So far all the corals seem fine as I still feed the tank. Could I just add more inverts to fill the fish void or should I get another little fish or two?

Couple of quick cell shots. Seems things are doing much better now that I just do weekly water changes and run seachem seagel. The more I just leave it alone the better I guess.

20130717_185014_zps63d5a791.jpg

20130717_185021_zps50380f78.jpg

20130717_185106_zps82b42bad.jpg

20130717_185136_zpsc0581d4f.jpg

20130717_191202_zpse2fdc233.jpg

Just a little rant at how annoyed I am.

I'm sitting there looking at the tank and trying to figure out why some of the corals don't look right. Come to find out something small got stuck in the skimmer plumbing so it hasn't been working for what I'm guessing is a couple of days. Just so annoyed how if one thing goes wrong it can be a catastrophe. Hopefully everything bounces back. I'll just have to double down on the WC this next week to pull out the extra nutrients in the tank since the skimmer was down.

Taking an Excedrin.

Hey josh sorry to hear about your problem
Just a want to share something with you I went 2 weeks with no skimmer because I was waiting on a pump and never had any problems there are people that run no skimmer I would look a little deeper
Just a heads up

Hey josh sorry to hear about your problem
Just a want to share something with you I went 2 weeks with no skimmer because I was waiting on a pump and never had any problems there are people that run no skimmer I would look a little deeper
Just a heads up

I hope its not anything more. Nothing else has changed outside of adding a frag but that went through the whole dipping process and everything. Also the water volume is not high in the tank. Its about 60lbs of LR and a inch or two of sand.

Well its a WC day so I'll just Super Size it just to be safe.

I CAN'T CATCH A BREAK!!!!!!!!!!!

(Insert Picture of Lobo Killing one of my Acan Colonies since it's not allowing me to upload images)

And one more set back. While I was redoing one of our floors the water in the tank ran low. My wife trying to be helpful added water. But not RODI water. :facepalm: Now I'm just waiting for my algae bloom. Hooray.

On the upside, the floor looks good.

20130817_171230_zps266135f8.jpg

I was going to attemp a nano tank but talked myself out of it. So I let my wife and daughter choose what to do with it and this is the results. Its a "Pretty" tank.

CAM00150_zps8a21a289.jpg