• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Return to Reefing IM 20 Fusion

Hey guys. Tank still up and running doing pretty well. The green stuff was bryopsis and I've been treating it back and making progress. I really need help with that red macro algea. It's slowly taking over the right side of the tank. Growing over zoa's even.

I try to manually remove it every maintenance but the roots of it are dug in so hard to the rich even a toothbrush won't get it off. Blenny won't eat it, vibrant won't kill it. Any advice much appreciated

The red stuff remains invincible 1 year later. I've been told it's Gelidium and nearly impossible to equate manually.

Nonetheless I decided to rescape the tank due to other issues, namely ugly palys and GSP taking over my main structure. I ordered some Marco rock and finally pulled the trigger. Im pleased that the tank is up and running still 2 years later despite some time of neglect due to health issues.

Before: Attack of the GSP
PXL_20230131_222849842.MP.jpg
Before: Overtaking palys
PXL_20230131_222836600.jpg
Working on the new scape

PXL_20230202_141327876.jpg
New FTS: learned my lesson and GSP will stay on this island and the ugly palys were pulled for good
PXL_20230205_154651548.jpg

New side shot: added black backing to the side that faced the window. I think it improves this angle a lot

PXL_20230210_154454331.MP.jpg

Added a few new frags in the last couple days and parameters looking great. Phos 0.07, Nitrate 1, Alk 9.3, pH 8.4, Cal 400, Mg 1280.

The red Gelidium is still in there in tiny spots on the frags. So the war will continue. Luckily it grows slowly enough

Beautiful tank! I really love the Caribsea Liferocks and had a lot of fun building with mine, though I wish they shipped them a bit more carefully.