• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

RO Buddy

horseplay

NJRC Member
Many people use it? How do you like it? How well does it work with chlorinamine ?

Thinking about getting a compact unit for my nano. Can store about 30 gallons of water. Making salt water in 5 gallon bucket now and it has been working great. Just need to get the RO going.

Hallowhead

NJRC Member
I use it for my brothers tank my tank and soon to be my frag tank. I upgraded the membrane to be a more efficient DOW 150 99% rejection rate and found that this saved me from burning through DI Resin.

I get ~ 180 gallons out of one DI resin fill.

Northern Jersey.

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Used one for 2 years for the nanos, loved it.
Can easily change DI resin.
Great value, never had a problem.

horseplay

NJRC Member
Ordered mine. Now I am wondering if I need a booster pump since I am on the 6th floor. The aquatic life booster pump seems pretty cool but it costs $125.

I do not use the reef buddy but I believe The need for a Booster pumps (and please correct me if I am wrong) is dependent on the pressure of your source water. Mine was only 48. I added a pump and took it up to 80. Works way better. I mean way way better. I make more water faster and is more efficient