• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

RO/DI - Ebay

Be aware that most 100GPD membranes only reject about 90%......most others reject on the order of 98%. I would go with either a 75GPDsystem or a 150GPD (2 ea. 75GPD membranes)

What this means is your DI filter works harder and wont last as long.

So if you start with water that has a TDS of 100ppm, with the 100GPD you end up with a TDS of 10ppm before DI and with the 75 GPD you end with a TDS of 2ppm before DI.

i have this same set up, havent had one problem with it since installed, i have it plumbed directly to my auto top off, via kalwasser reactor

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Wayne,
Thanks. I also saw this one used for $55 shipped.
Kent Maxxima water filtration system RO/DI 35 GPD]Kent Maxxima water filtration system RO/DI 35 GPD

I got my unit from Filter Direct (Water General) it is a 6 stage 100gpd unit and it is built very well. I have only used it once so can't really comment on it too much, but after dumping the first gallon out I am getting a 0 TDS reading. I paid $105 for the unit.

i dont have a tds meter, but i have no algea problems, my sps are growing nice and the water is crystal clear, the 6 stage is awsome, my well pump provides 45 to 50 psi so i gues its enough, i dont use a remote resevoir so i guess ill be changing the filters more often, but thats ok, i dont have room under the tank for anything else after putting the huge sump i built under it, as a bow front im limited anyway

look up bulkreefsupply on Ebay. i got a 5 stage ro/di for 112. And the Di chamber is not one of those little dinky ones. Here is the link...http://cgi.ebay.com/5-stage-75GDP-RO-DI-Reverse-Osmosis-System-Deionazation_W0QQitemZ360064814754QQihZ023QQcategoryZ20756QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

i think the reserve price is 115 now. JUst a hint if you want to bid last minute to win it and no one met reserve.

THis is the least amount of money that you'll pay for a unit of this this kind. I have been searching for a RODI for like 4 months trying to find the best for the money. Most units for the same price have the small di canisters, and they are solid not clear. (clear units are anywhere from 50-100 bucks more) Sorry to the sponsors but if the price is right!!

Also, it is a 75GPD Ro membrane. Like it was posted before the larger the GPD the more TDS you'll get in your water. Unless you have realy high water pressure to maximize the filter life and lessen the rejection rate. Along with a TDS meter you'll bee good.

good luck bidding.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I actually won the "New Reef 6st 100GPD Reverse Osmosis RO+DI" for $56 plus $35 shipping. I just realized that it doesn't have an adapter for the sink. Will any adapter work or must I plum it under the sink?

Thanks,
Mark

I bought one but beware some of the components are junk. I would suggest Air,Water,Ice. I bought DI resin, a 150GPD membrane and a new membrane housing. The old membrane housing from one from ebay cracked at the o-ring. With the AWI replacement parts I now get 0PPM without exhausting the DI very fast. I measure TDS after the membrane and after the DI. For the price its hard to beat the ebay combo but you get what you pay for.

i have the ebay purweaterclube one, i have had no problems with it. tds is 5 but i can definitely live with that.

Mine is the devonb, from some guy in california right?

mookie said:
i have the ebay purweaterclube one, i have had no problems with it. tds is 5 but i can definitely live with that.

Got mine from Filter direct on ebay and for the price, it is a good unit. There are some people on other sites that do not recommend these uniits, but I never had any issues with them. TDS was always at or near 0.