• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

RO/DI - hook to faucet - how much on?

Just set up my RO/DI unit today. It's currently in the slop sink till I get it hooked up permanently. Dumb question, and you should expect no other kind from me ;D , is how far on do I want my faucet? I know it's cold only, but do I put it on just a trickle, full bore, 1/2, 1/4" I'm fast flushing it with the DI bypass open now for a few more mins, then off to make the first batch.

Thx.

HELLO I have the maxxima from kent and im only guessing they are they same as far as this goes. I have mine on a y fitting with my clothes washer that line is hooked up wide open . so my opinion and only mine is that you can leave it on full bore. I have heard that its not good to keep turning it on and off. by the way mine said to throw out the first seven gallons of RO/DI , which im sure you know. I hope ive helped you.

junk said:
Just set up my RO/DI unit today. It's currently in the slop sink till I get it hooked up permanently. Dumb question, and you should expect no other kind from me ;D , is how far on do I want my faucet? I know it's cold only, but do I put it on just a trickle, full bore, 1/2, 1/4" I'm fast flushing it with the DI bypass open now for a few more mins, then off to make the first batch.

Thx.

I'm ordering one from them soon as well. But i will be adding a pressure guage so I can see how much flow is there. If I am not mistaken, it should be around 60psi.

No problem , they say that to make sure all the crap and stuff is out of the fiters, similar to a carbon or media rinse. I also think around 60 psi and I believe the ambient temp also comes into play thats partially how the units are rated for gpd.

N

njstillwell

Leave it open all the way, i have the same unit from AWI and it works great and cheaper than most units on the market. I got the 75 gpd the only thing you will need to do is make sure you have good pressure thats all and you can do this by knowing if you are hooked up to city or a well water.If its city you are fine most pump stations deliver great pressure if you are well water then you might want to consider your options.The temp of the water is whats going to make your amount of RO/DI making differ the colder the slower, but if you got atleast a 75/100 gpd i think thats all they come in for this type of system you are going to be just fine. How many gallons is your reef tank, not that it matters but you probably are going to be shuting the valve on the cold water line that runs into your RODI unit of and on to make water unless you have a ATO.If you still cant figure it out let me know.

thx. I have a 120g, but right now the water from the RO/DI is going into a 55g drum in the basement. I have a float valve but for the life of me can't figure out how to set up an ATO.

SirFragalot said:
junk said:
thx. I have a 120g, but right now the water from the RO/DI is going into a 55g drum in the basement. I have a float valve but for the life of me can't figure out how to set up an ATO.

Did you try the instructions found on the AWI site? http://www.airwaterice.com/category/vv/

Hey now. As a typical guy, I'm proud to never read directions. :eek: ;D Just kidding. Yeah, I read them, but it never said anything about how much the faucet should be turned on.

junk said:
SirFragalot said:
junk said:

Did you try the instructions found on the AWI site? http://www.airwaterice.com/category/vv/

Hey now. As a typical guy, I'm proud to never read directions. :eek: ;D Just kidding. Yeah, I read them, but it never said anything about how much the faucet should be turned on.

You and me both! LOL Just posting the proper link to the question.