• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

RO/DI Pressure drop after changing filters

So today I changed all my ro filters and my membrane. The membrane was a little over 2 years old and I wanted to up the per day amount anyways so I figured what the heck.

I went from a 50 gpd membrane to a 75 gpd membrane. My old flow restrictor was a capillary restrictor. The new one I purchased from BRS is the 500ML unit which is not a capillary unit. This is the one BRS recommends for the 75 gpd membrane.

My pressure has dropped to 30psi from a psi of about 60-70 prior to changing the membrane and filters. What gives? Both membranes are filmtec.

I measured my waste water for 1 minute and the equation ends up with 140.6 gallons/day. My product water is 22.5 gallons/day. Waste to product ratio is 6.25:1 which isn't bad but I wanted 75 gpd output.

Im going to put the old membrane and restrictor on tomorrow morning and see what the pressure gauge reads. If I get a good pressure rating I'm going to order a 75gpd capillary restrictor and see where that takes me.

Do I need a booster pump or is something wrong? Is it normal for the pressure to decrease when going to a larger membrane? (common sense tells me yes as there is not as much restriction and it allow more water through)