• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

RO/DI Unit Issues

Everyone, I have a RO/DI unit that I got about 1-2 months ago and it has been working GREAT up until yesterday. I turned it on and now water is going everywere. I tightned up everything I could on it but what would make it just go crazy like that? I never had 1 drip until yesterday and then water everywere! Any ideas?

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Where is it leaking from? all the fittings?! Do you have a pressure gauge? Is the pressure the same?

ReefDrumz said:
Where is it leaking from? all the fittings?! Do you have a pressure gauge? Is the pressure the same?

I don't have a pressure gague unfortunatly. It was hard to tell where the water was coming from yesterday because by the time I found that it was covered with water everywere! I just turned it on again and I am watching it and I see a small drip now were the water comes into the unit.

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Did you try and take out the hose and re-inserting it? Make sure you push it in all the way and then pull back on it.

It came with the teflon tape but it was just weird that it was working fine and then just exploded like that when it is so new. I will try and replace the teflon and see what happens. Thanks guys!