• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

RO Drain Saddle?

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Anyone know where we can get a saddle locally to tie the waste water into the drain pipe? Ours had a catestrophic failure and is now in several more pieces than it should be. Need a new one to cover the cute little hole now drilled in my kitchen drain. *sigh*

Mike, the good news is that this means that the kitchen drains have finally been replaced.

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Worse comes to worse, you can get a 1/4" npt tap, drill a hole and thread a JG fitting in. You can get the fittings at HD. You can usually get the tap and matching drill bit, in one package, at HD as well. Run the drill in reverse when drilling the hole and be sure to use Teflon tape on the fitting.

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Did you's do the plumbing yourself? If so, I'm proud of you. It looked like a tough one to me.

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Try Fergusons plumbing supply in Lakewood.

190 Oberlin Ave North, Lakewood. 732 905 1000

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
John made it look easier than it seemed, Mike! Cut if off just outside of the wall and replaced the gammut. It went well. Then I snapped the saddle screwing it together. AND THEN... the drain for one of the sinks is leaking at the sink. We're going to need to take the sink parts off and replace them next. You'd never know this was only a 6yo house.

By tomorrow it should all be back together. ::crosses fingers::

Great suggestion, Rich. If we can't find a saddle that will be the next step.

Thanks, Matt. Hopefully John will find one during lunch.

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
The plumbers putty is probally causing the leak. Whenever you play with the pipes, the putty starts to leak.
Need a job John?

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Looking at the down drain it is QUITE clear that it had been leaking for some time!

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
mikem said:
Need a job John?
Not today, but who knows what tomorrow may bring!

Matt, I really hate that plumbing place. I must have been there 2 dozen or more times between it being L&H and now Fergusons and I have NEVER walked out of there with anything I needed. In the 10 plus years I've tried, I have never spent one penny in that place. Of course, like some insane Pavlovian Dog, I'll stop in there tomorrow and then swing by Lowes to get a threaded JG valve!

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Ok, I've never had any trouble getting stuff from them. Guess some of us are just lucky. Definitely call first then and save yourself a trip.

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Ok, Palermos is now Fergusons so they didn't have it. I called a couple other places and am waiting to hear back. If I find them I will get a couple just in case.

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I'm still trying to find one of these. Does anyone know of a local store or even online place that I can get one from? I've found a few places online, but all they specify is the size of the drain line (1/4"). They don't say whether or not it will fit around 1.5" PVC. They might be universal, but I'm not sure . . .

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Do you have a link of what they look like. I've been to many plumbing supplie stores and might have seen them somewhere.

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Yes that will fit. They adjust from 1 1/4 to 1 1/2. Where the add says for a sink, means it's for 1 1/2.
If it said Basin, would mean 1 1/4. Basin means bathroom sink, which only basin drains are 1 1/4 drains.
If you cant find one local, I'll look in my plumbing supply today.

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Mike, I'm not having much luck finding it locally. I'd appreciate it if you could check with your plumbing supply place.

Matt, if that doesn't work out I'll order it from Aquatic Ecosystems.

John,
I had the same problem when I was looking for a saddle for 2" pipe, Dover pools on rt9 has something similar to a saddle it looks like a hose clamp with a 1/4" fitting. I also have a drain saddle that is new for 2" pipe you can have.

pgordemer

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
John, check with a swimming pool supply company. the connector kits that is used for automatic clorinators is perfect for RoWaste. You drill a hole in the pipe, put this adapter in the hole, it comes with a hose clamp, then it is the standard Jaco Speed fit for the 1/4 orange tube.