• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

RO System at Costco.com

I wouldn't use a unit like that for the money. It's not designed for reef keeping and more for the sink type thing.

For the money check out our sponsor AWI instead. You'll be glad you did.

Carlo

Agree with Carlo. It's a nice unit for drinking water but for reefkeeping it may be hard to work with.

AWI has some really nice stuff and we're wrapping up the AWI group by on Friday so you have 2 days to post an order if you're a member and interested.

Hey Nick
We as a club try and support our Sponsors as they donate to the club and offer group buys.Air Water Ice has always been good to the club and I would steer members to a sponsor before a non sponsor.
If Jimstrains would like to be a sponsor They are more than welcome

So anyway what else is new I havent talked to you in a while?

Jason

I understand that the guys showing RO's from Costco ao I showed him that they are cheap and good. No prob.

Not much really just getting ready for a upgrade. Having the tank built now and just getting ready to break down the 120g :)

It's actually a weird situation.

The RO from Costco is just that RO... which is good to drink.

The ones we use for our tanks are RODI .... which is really bad to drink. Without getting too technical the DeIonization that goes on in the RODI strips the water to it's barest/emptiest form. When you drink that water, it will attempt to balance itself as it passes through you ... ripping out all the good stuff from your cells out and absorbing it to keep itself balanced.... basically dehydrating/stripping your system. Then in turn you will be peeing out all your good stuff.

The RO from cost co doesn't do that.

Sorry if there are typing errors but I'm really really tired right now... this may not make sense to me in the morning.