• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

rodi question

just finnished installing the new AWI rodi duel home reef system.
tap water was 184 tds and ro side was 2tds..........im very hapy with the results but i have a plastic taste to the water...i thought the filter would remove all contaminents and taste...
i was wondering how long the plastic taste from the hoses lasts
didnt test di side yet....but expect it to be zero.

any info apreciated....the wife wont drink it till the taste is gone. so dispite getting the unit to avoid buying bottled water and rodi for the tank...i still had to run out for poland spring...* side note : tested the poland spring and tds were 240....whats up with that :mad:

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Most manufactures recommend that you throw away a certain amount of water before getting to the good water. I think it might be around 50 gallons.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
albie611 said:
side note : tested the poland spring and tds were 240....whats up with that :mad:

It is SPRING water...water that has passed through the ground picking up minerals. You would expect to find a relatively high tds reading because of all those good minerals.

If you are going to use you unit for drinking, tap off the RO unit only. You might also what to install a carbon filter at that end to "polish" the water. Save the DI water for your tank only...you really won't gain anything drinking DI water except a bill to constantly replace your resin real fast for no benifit.