• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Rotifer Culture Needed

One of you guys came over to buy frags this Spring and very thoughtfully brought me some rotifers. I can't for the life of me remember who it was. We talked about feeding them the paste. Who has the rotifers? I think I'm going to have seahorse fry soon! Need to buy some.

One of you guys came over to buy frags this Spring and very thoughtfully brought me some rotifers. I can't for the life of me remember who it was. We talked about feeding them the paste. Who has the rotifers? I think I'm going to have seahorse fry soon! Need to buy some.

steaman. I have a culture but it is too limited/small to do anything with.

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Jim you do not need rotifers for H. erectus fry. They can take newly hatched/enriched brine shrimp from birth.

Jim you do not need rotifers for H. erectus fry. They can take newly hatched/enriched brine shrimp from birth.

Doh! I guess it's time for some reading and hatching. Darn, I bet I could have hatched sone for the last batch -- I have all the stuff.

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Not needed but makes the hatch less of a mess and the brine are slightly more nutritious. I don't decap my own but buy them already decapped from SeahorseSource.

Not to mention that the decapped cysts are also a nice food source for your corals.