• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

SA Black Ice Clown

Looking to find a new home for my SA Black Ice Cown. He is a decent size 2.5"-3" Happy and healthy. I am located in Riverton (08077)

IMG_7645.JPG IMG_7636.JPG

Ls2Goat

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Is it for sure a he?
My male died last fall and my female has been alone since

The first saltwater fish I ever got was a Royal Gramma. My whole family went out to get a fish. We all decided on this Gramma. We got it home and acclimated it. When we let it free in the tank it went right behind the rocks and we never saw it again. I wanted to cry! I spent like $30 on this fish and it just died. This was back in 2009.

A little later my entire family went back out and this time got a regular old clown. I still have the clown to this day.

About 6 months ago I picked up this Black Ice Clown, and it has been well behaved up till recently. Lately it has been chasing my old clown around.

I would hate to see anything happen to my first second fish!!!

the Black Ice Clown is much bigger than my other clown.

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
The first saltwater fish I ever got was a Royal Gramma. My whole family went out to get a fish. We all decided on this Gramma. We got it home and acclimated it. When we let it free in the tank it went right behind the rocks and we never saw it again. I wanted to cry! I spent like $30 on this fish and it just died. This was back in 2009.

A little later my entire family went back out and this time got a regular old clown. I still have the clown to this day.

About 6 months ago I picked up this Black Ice Clown, and it has been well behaved up till recently. Lately it has been chasing my old clown around.

I would hate to see anything happen to my first second fish!!!

the Black Ice Clown is much bigger than my other clown.

No expert but does sound like the Black Ice might be a female. My understanding is Females are larger and they like to keep the male in line but normally they stay near each other. Again I'm no expert by any means

Ls2Goat

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Females tend to be the aggressors, when a clown is left alone for extended periods of time they will be come females.

Sounds like you bought a larger female that is trying to dominate your smaller female.