• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Safe Superglue?

Everyone, I have a nice little Tunze nanostream and the little brackets have broken off of the inside magnet. I think I can just superglue this back on and be fine but I am not sure what is safe? Any opinions? Can I just use frag glue or will that not be strong enough?

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Can't say whether it would work long term, but any superglue should be safe to use.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Is it a manufacturer warranty issue? Design defect? Or Op-err? If it is a manuf issue I'd send it back before I tried myself to fix it!

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
hysterical.gif

For long term use, and stability, i'd use epoxy. the 2 part is safe once it's cured. Super glue gets fragile with age, while epoxy is comparitivly (sp) flexible.

BigRed said:
For long term use, and stability, i'd use epoxy. the 2 part is safe once it's cured. Super glue gets fragile with age, while epoxy is comparitivly (sp) flexible.

I was not sure the epoxy would work. I have the epoxy that I use for coral. Is that what you are talking about?

Not the stick type, but a 2 part liquid. you can find it with the glue in the paint area of home depot. the 5 minute epoxy in a syringe works well i have found. it's great for plastic applications where there are rough edges, scoring works well on smooth surfaces. I use it to seal magnets before attaching them to powerheads, among other various uses.

This happened on 2 of my 6025's. All I did was email Roger (Tunze of USA) on RC and I had the new clips in 3 days. I would PM or email him first before you glue it to the magnet. I did glue the new clips to the magnet because I didn't want to wait for replacements if it happened again.

Jon

demon16v said:
This happened on 2 of my 6025's. All I did was email Roger (Tunze of USA) on RC and I had the new clips in 3 days. I would PM or email him first before you glue it to the magnet. I did glue the new clips to the magnet because I didn't want to wait for replacements if it happened again.

Jon

Now that sounds like a good idea. I am going to try that one!

Hey Jazzsam,
I don’t think you will have any trouble dealing with Roger. He has always stood behind what Tunze sells. Plus the Nanostreams have a 2 year warranty.

How old is your Nanostream? The reason I ask is because I purchased them when they first came out (Dec) and the first few batches had bad motor blocks. The good ones started coming into the states in April. Both of mine were replaced under warranty, about two weeks ago, and now they are working perfectly. The problems that I was having were that the motor was noisy and they would start in reverse, pushing the water backward instead of out the front.
So, if they are older ones and not working right you might ask for a new motor block to solve the problem.