• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

SC aquariums

Anyone here have any feed back on SC aquariums build quality?

thinking about pulling the trigger on a 120 . Want to replace the used 90 I had bought and have been running for 2 years now, I should have just started with a 120 out of the gate , the extra inches front to back are missed with the 90.

thanks .

Just pulled the plug on the SC aquariums 120 . Having it drilled for 2- 3/4 " returns on back panel- one each side of the centered overflow , and plan to use the 3 - 1" holes in the overflow in a bean animal set up, 10 weeks until it should land due to them adding the drilling, . I was also able to add 2- Mp10s at a great price as well. looking forward to the new tank and a restart .

Just pulled the plug on the SC aquariums 120 . Having it drilled for 2- 3/4 " returns on back panel- one each side of the centered overflow , and plan to use the 3 - 1" holes in the overflow in a bean animal set up, 10 weeks until it should land due to them adding the drilling, . I was also able to add 2- Mp10s at a great price as well. looking forward to the new tank and a restart .
That's awesome. I've been wanting an SC tank for a while.

Just received word tank will be shipping much sooner. They initially told me 14 weeks to start then 10 , now it will ship next week. Initially they told me that in order to have back drilled way I wanted it would be a custom build . No big deal as that would have left me plenty of time to break down old 90 and rebuild stand to accomodate larger tank footprint.but now I will be rushing a bit to deal with new expedited time-frame. I bet they just drilled an on hand tank inorder to get it right out, even though they advised that's not there program .
Amazing so far let's see how it plays out upon delivery. I could have easily drilled it but preferred to go the hassle free route to save any heartache with it being a new purchase .

Steve there has been a pleasure to work with so far. Even threw in the lift gate and overflow cover for me without charge. But he did give me bad news on the mp10s , no good with 12 mm glass so I have to just use the mp40s I have . Wanted 10s for the back and planned a 40 on one side. But will now rethink that plan.

So excited.

Last edited:
Just received word tank will be shipping much sooner. They initially told me 14 weeks to start then 10 , now it will ship next week. Initially they told me that in order to have back drilled way I wanted it would be a custom build . No big deal as that would have left me plenty of time to break down old 90 and rebuild stand to accomodate larger tank footprint.but now I will be rushing a bit to deal with new expedited time-frame. I bet they just drilled an on hand tank inorder to get it right out, even though they advised that's not there program .
Amazing so far let's see how it plays out upon delivery. I could have easily drilled it but preferred to go the hassle free route to save any heartache with it being a new purchase .

Steve there has been a pleasure to work with so far. Even threw in the lift gate and overflow cover for me without charge. But he did give me bad news on the mp10s , no good with 12 mm glass so I have to just use the mp40s I have . Wanted 10s for the back and planned a 40 on one side. But will now rethink that plan.

So excited.
Congratulations! Can't wait to see pics. Maybe it'll push me to get one too

shipper just contacted me , they wanted to deliver on Monday but I will be away fishing . So delivery is set for Monday the 29th .

Well it has arrived, shipping company was great, easy to deal with and prompt . Luckily I had a neighbor who was home and has a strong enough back to lend a hand with getting it into the master bedroom where it will be going into soon.

List of things to do :
finish reconfiguring the basement fish room to get the 60 frag back up and running, which is almost done now. I should have water in it by the end of today.

Then once it is cycled I can transfer the remaining coral and fish from the old 90.

Remove the 90( will be available for free here in the chain gang once removed, it is not perfect with a few scratches and a small corner chip and will need a reseal but maybe someone can use it).

Rebuild the stand and hood to accomodate the new larger tank footprint.

Lift new 120 into place

Remove the old sump and piping to sump room 40' roughly .

Plumb it into the( rough water volume) 90 gallon sump along with the living room penisula 180.

Make alot of saltwater 400 gallons roughly to bring new system online .

My system is finally all coming together. It's been a slow process with alot pf changes over the 2 years I have been running the 90 but its all basically here now , I just need to do the rest of the work, already done so much but it never ends it seems .

I need my head checked.

I will be adding updates as I go to the spikes reef thread . This time I plan to do a proper build thread to follow along with the tanks progress .

Attachments

• 20211129_112842_remastered.jpg
    20211129_112842_remastered.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 12
  • 20211129_112852_remastered.jpg
    20211129_112852_remastered.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 11
  • 20211129_113726_remastered.jpg
    20211129_113726_remastered.jpg
    902.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 20211129_122940_remastered.jpg
    20211129_122940_remastered.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 13
Houston we have a problem !

The 2 return holes I had drilled in the back panel near the corners were not sizes to the specification they drilled 31 mm holes I need 35 mm holes.

Spoke to Steve who has been a pleasure and he will be refunding me $200 to help offset my aggrevation . Looks like I will have to drill them larger myself if I want then 3/4 . Exactly what I was trying you avoid to be completely honest. I have drilled before but when dropping money on a significant purchase I was trying to avoid the headache .

Might see if the 2 1/2 " will offer enough flow . It is theoretically the same as the 1 1 " return hole the stock configuration comes in.

Ughhhh !