• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Screen Cover

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Well it happened. Bicolor Blenny jumped and think I stepped on it; so ya know :(
I was waiting to order a cover as I have other items I need but need to order the cover pronto.

BRS seems to have a nice kit DIY Aquarium Screen Top Kits for Rimless Tanks - 1/8

I am just confused on the size info on the site. My tank is rimless, 4 foot long and 2 foot wide, and the chart states:
Aquarium Size - 4 foot rimless
Width - 2x4 foot
Depth - 2x3 foot

This where my question comes in. What do they mean by depth? Will I have opening?

Your over thinking this one Mark. They are telling you it has two pieces that are 4 foot and two pieces that are 3 foot. That’s what you need.

Looks like 2-4ft pieces and 2-3ft pieces. It doesnt come with the suspension brackets, so u will need those aswell.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Your over thinking this one Mark. They are telling you it has two pieces that are 4 foot and two pieces that are 3 foot. That’s what you need.
So I would need to cut the 3 foot piece down to 2 foot?

yes, you need to cut it with a hacksaw. Since there are different dimensions for 4ft tanks, having a universal kit for all 4ft tanks is easier.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Damn, my brain is fried. Been a killer few weeks at work. I should just delete this post, so embarrassing. :embarassed:

Hallowhead

NJRC Member
Could just order the screen and get frames from home depot / lowes and buy the corners they sell or purchase 3d prints much cheaper online

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
I have clear aquarium cover screen, spline, and the tool to install it into a frame.
Just pick up a screen frame kit from a box store for $10 and I'll drop the other bits off.