• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Sebae Question

Just bought a Sebae white with pink tips. I aclimatted him and put him in my tank. He looks healthy and i am watching him and i saw this clear liquid pouring out of its mouth. It is totaly clear and looks the same as when you but calcium buffer into your tank (i.e. clear like water but you can tell it is not water).

Any idea what that is?

Never seen "liquid" come out of a anemone - though maybe it's just the way I'm envisioning it.

Anemone's are relatively primitive creatures in that they have a single opening...it's used for both eating and pooping. What you are seeing is likely some residual stuff it's pushing out. I've never had a sebae but my condylactis used to always eject out some stringy mucus like stuff.

Thanks for the reply. I have seen the stringy stuff before but this was a little like when you pour top off water and it mixes with the salt water, both are clear but you can see there is a difference. It was pouring out for about 10 seconds and my first thought was a toxic bomb, but my shrimp all seem fine so far.