• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

seeing someone win

you know, its always nice to see and hear about someone winning something for nothing,that you know..
well, saturaday night, at the DEVILS hockey game they had people try to shoot a puck into the net from 120 ft away...
they started with 8 shooters
4 people missed, then 2 people missed, then it was down to just 2 people---
these 2 shooters had to come out to shoot during the second intermission---
shooter # 1 missed
shooter # 2 missed...
that happened 1 more time--
the third time the first shooter missed the net, the second shooter shot the puck into the net and WON...
what this person won was a 2011 Lincoln Mercurary MKT car--fully loaded $50,000 car!!!

then, at the sundays DEVILS game, they had another winner and during the second intermission the NEW JERSEY DEVILS presented both winners a new car...

that person, that shooter from saturaday night, that LUCKY SHOOTER was one of my sons !!! ;D

it was great cause we even got his mother, my wife, to go to a DEVILS game to see him get presented a key to his brand new 2011 car !!!

both me and my other 2 sons were hoarse from saturaday night

it was just awesome !!!

like i said, even if it is a family member, its ALWAYS nice to see someone win.......

steve

thanks alot---it was a feeling seeing him win that i cant describe ---
you know the feeling i'm talking about if you have kids and see them do something like this...
its unexplainable---but talking about it today at work i still get goose bumps!!!

from what he was told, he pays the sales tax, registration
he has to pick out a color ,sign papers, and off he goes----
now he has to figure out what to do, he now has 2 cars!!!

steve

Wow thats awesome! They didnt let them drive the cars off the ice like some kinda game show... LOL Do you have to sign somethin sayin your keeping the car or are you allowed to sell it after you get it? Congrats though thats great. Nice to see someone you actually know, or know of , winning something

Audi0s said:
Sell the car....MONSTER REEF TANK!!!!!

And put like 30g's away for when he wants a house....

hes not into reef tank stuff....
and he owes us a bit of change when he was in the police acdmeny for 6 months and WE ( mom and dad) paid all his bills !!

Nickjr000 said:
Wow thats awesome! They didnt let them drive the cars off the ice like some kinda game show... LOL Do you have to sign somethin sayin your keeping the car or are you allowed to sell it after you get it? Congrats though thats great. Nice to see someone you actually know, or know of , winning something

no, no drive off the ice--that would of been cool tho...
he had to sign a paper saying he would pay the sales tax on the car..nothing about him selling the car---once he takes ownership he can do with it what he wants, which, as of right now is still up in the air ---it has'nt sunk in yet---he'll get a call from the dealer to tell him, to come up and pick the color---dont know much more then that right now

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
That's AWESOME. That must have been the coooooolest feeling in the world. I can't even imagine. What a proud moment for Mom & Dad, huh? Where are the pictures! I'd love to see the excitement unfold!!

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
That's really cool Steve. Not to be a damper but has he thought about the taxes he'll have to pay? A friend of mine won some a totally decked out Mustang in a WFAN contest and the taxes nearly broke him. He had to sign something saying that he would keep the car for at least a year if opted to take possession of it. Once he had it, he was stuck trying to figure out how to pay for it.

Good luck. I'm sure he'll figure it out and be very happy with it.

JohnS_323 said:
That's really cool Steve. Not to be a damper but has he thought about the taxes he'll have to pay? A friend of mine won some a totally decked out Mustang in a WFAN contest and the taxes nearly broke him. He had to sign something saying that he would keep the car for at least a year if opted to take possession of it. Once he had it, he was stuck trying to figure out how to pay for it.

Good luck. I'm sure he'll figure it out and be very happy with it.

hey john---and everyone---thanks
he did have to sign a paper saying he understood he was responsible for the sales tax but as far as anything else, he didnt say--- he's waiting for the dealer to call him so he can go there and choose color and , i guess, find out when he picks it up----
as new to him winning its also new to us as to what exactly he is responsible for...we'll find out , but for the time being its still sinking in, so to speak,

i need to find out how to post video---thats what i took so i could get his reacton when he won---we still get goose bumps when we watch it---and we've watched it over and over and over...

here's the link---my son is wearing the red jersey with the # 4 on the back---
still get those goose bumps watching it....

steve

thought i'd share some more good news---this is the car he won at the devils game and is also in the video
pick up was finally today for his car---
looks real nice in person.....

DSCF1828.jpg

and this is the winner---the guy on the right---one of my 4 sons
DSCF1834.jpg