• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Selling Rainbow BTAs, live rock, and huge piece of Pukani

Hello, my tanks are crowded so I'm looking to sell off a combination of rainbow BTAs and live rock to make room (and fund other purchases!) Possibly open to trades for other livestock and/or equipment.

Prices for the rainbow BTAs are $50 (2-3"), $75 (4-5"), $100 (6"+) but most of them are stuck to rock. I'm also open to offers and would offer discounts for multiples.

My live rock is a combination of Pukani, Tonga, and some Tampa Bay Saltwater (from "The Package" that they sell) and would be sold for $3-$5/lb. All of it is sitting in well-established tanks.
This includes a huge piece of Pukani (20+ lbs) that is covered in at least a dozen anemones (see pic below).

I'm located in Morris County. Open to meeting up within reasonable distance. I'm not looking to ship at this time - the rock is prohibitively heavy and the anemones are difficult to get off without damaging.

This is what the anemones look like in my smaller tank including close ups under whites and moonlights. And the last pic is the huge piece of Pukani in my DT - it's at least 20 lbs with some huge anemones on it. Looking for $600 or best offer on that.

Attachments

• Full Fluval M90 picture.JPEG
    Full Fluval M90 picture.JPEG
    763.4 KB · Views: 99
  • Anemones under whites 3.JPEG
    Anemones under whites 3.JPEG
    1.1 MB · Views: 102
  • Anemones under moonlights.JPEG
    Anemones under moonlights.JPEG
    596.2 KB · Views: 110
  • Inked Display Tank 2 2-2-20.jpg
    Inked Display Tank 2 2-2-20.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 103

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
$600 for a rainbow anemones? If you get that
You won’t be a broke reefer anymore lol
Good luck with the sale

There's about 15 medium-large rainbows on there right now, plus a 20-30 lb piece of Pukani that's showpiece sized. LFS has offered more than that in credit for the anemones alone, but these things are pretty deeply dug into that rock. I could break the rock up I suppose, but it would be a shame to do that for a piece this size.

Open to offers, but I don't think it's that unreasonable an asking price.

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Wow 15 that must be huge. It’s a shame that you can’t separate.