• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Sexy shrimp

DYIguy

NJRC Member
I just got 3 sexy shrimp that are very small- not much bigger than some amphipods- They are going in a tank with a small yellow watchman (1.5") 2 springer damsels (1.25") and a green clown goby- I divided the tank with plastic mesh- they could get through it but not the fish- what are the chances of them getting eaten if they do get through

DYIguy

NJRC Member
I pulled the tank divider today and found that 2 of the shrimp were already on the side of the tank with the Yellow watchman- so that was unnecessary - not sure about the third one- but the smaller one has already grown in size- both are still very small, but cute

My shrimp love their rock flower anemones

Attachments

• ADB8DD8F-FEE6-4F40-81D1-54F7EBE379FB.jpeg
    ADB8DD8F-FEE6-4F40-81D1-54F7EBE379FB.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
I have had pretty good success with Rock flower anemones in my fluval 5 gallon and my sexy shrimp host them. This tank been running for about 18 months and I have had these guys for over a year.

Attachments

• 61D0091D-8C90-4DB3-9006-BA95BBB79086.jpeg
    61D0091D-8C90-4DB3-9006-BA95BBB79086.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 13

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Nice to Know- I'll look into them. Thanks- great looking tank btw- what kind of filtration do you have- looks like a led strip light

Last edited:

DYIguy

NJRC Member
I have had pretty good success with Rock flower anemones in my fluval 5 gallon and my sexy shrimp host them. This tank been running for about 18 months and I have had these guys for over a year.
Your tank is amazing. What do you have for filtration and lighting

Thank you. I added a media basket and upgraded the stock pump with a sicce 1.0. For lights, I scored buying used current marines on another forum which fit perfectly.

Last edited:

DYIguy

NJRC Member
3rd one showed up on the opposite end of the tank, hanging out on the Kenya tree- I suppose they will eventually find each other- would like to get a small ( that stays small ) anemone for them

Sexy shrimp scare me. Tried them way back when in 6 gal jbj and they were eating all my coral. I never wanted to trie again

DYIguy

NJRC Member
2 of my sexies finally found each other- such a long way from one end of a 13g to the other :D - both are hanging out on a Kenya tree in a corner- the third is still mia, I have 2 Springer damsels in the tank too and one also likes the corner that the kenya is in and blows sand away- still hoping to find a rock flower anemone for them

DYIguy

NJRC Member
My 3 sexy shrimp finally got together and have been hanging out on a kenya tree- I bought a rock flower anemone for them yesterday and placed it about 4" from the kenya- they still haven't moved 'house' yet-rehomed a watchman and picked up some nice frags from @ericrodriguez and added a tiger goby- the 13g garden is on it's way