• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Show us your clowns!

mini-DSC_0007.JPG

mini-DSC_0005.JPG

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
VR really only helps with hand shake. You need really fast shutter speeds to get a good shot of a fish, IME.

C

concept3

Steve- it's the 60mm LOL

I wanna sell the 105 now, I played with it all day mon, tues & can't seem to get used to it and it's TOO heavy!!!

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Can't get used to it?! ??? I love mine, but am looking forward to picking up the 60 for an extra toy in the bag.

The 200 macro also has me intrigued... I'd love to be able to play with one without having to shell out for it first!

C

concept3

the 105 is a little too slow (for me) on focusing.  I can't get shots of the anthias and tangs zipping by like the 60mm

I'm thinking of getting the 50mm f1.8 next, I should be able to crank up the shutter speed, perfect for those
shots that require a combo of super fast shutter and large aperture to compensate, and it's cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

C

concept3

yeah, but I can'r justify the doubled price! I mean, come on, I spent mucho buckos on the 105mm VR
and I don't use it like it's in style.

This is the sole survivor from Tuesdays Shipment. The larger female was in terrible condition when i got her and didnt make it through the 2 hour acclimation.

normal_Nigrip1.JPG

nigrip2.JPG

These are not too bad if you consider that my 4 yr. old son took them. This is his fish, Slick. He named him that at the fish store when the guy was trying to bag him and he jumped out of his tank and into the one next to it. Griffin (my son) yelled "WHOA! That was slick!" So on the way home told me "Mom, that Nemo's name is going to be Slick."

The second picture isn't very good other than I can't even figure out how he did it. But Griffin managed to get the fish twice in the same frame.

P2100072.jpg

P2040060.jpg

Here are my 2 camera hogging oscellaris clowns. I can't pick up the camera from desk without these 2 coming over to that side of the tank bobbing and weaving like they're saying "Take a picture of us! Take a picture of us!" Heh, let me try and take a picture of anything else in the tank nd I have those 2 to deal with!! :D :D

Tom
OscellarisinBW.jpg