• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Shrimp & Goby pair question

In the near future I plan to add a Yasha Goby & candy Pistol Shrimp to my tank. Is there a special way to add them? Do I just drip them and then just dump them in? I don't want them to get separated or anything like that.

Thanks.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
You can try and use a cup or something to put them together but it may or may not work. Our have become seperated in the past and you just hope they find each other. Even in our 205g they seem to find each other.

I was thinking a breeder box upside down till the shrimps digs a hole? I have no clue. What do you mean a cup?

That's the least of your worry. If they can find each other in the ocean, they can certainly find each other in our aquarium. Make sure to turn off the powerhead and pump. If you have large fish turn off the lights too so they don't take a nip at the shrimp.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
I meant I use a glass to scoop them out of the container and put that down low and let them swim out. I have lost a pistol to an overzealous fish, so make sure you release them low.