• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Sick LED Lighting Pictures - lots of pics.

OK I got the Information

First you need a Power Supply. It supports up to 3 Strings of 96 or 120 LED Strips. $15 Bucks
lf-ps50.jpg

Then you need this thing. It is a Pigtal connector. Basically it connects 1 String to a Quick Disconnect that you plug the AC Adaptor into. $3 Bucks

cps-ax.jpg

OPTIONAL!!!!
Wireless remote Controller- You connect the DC power Supply to this and the LED Lights to the Receiver. The entire setup then becomes wireles and you can turn on or off the lights from 30 feet away. $25

rc-rf1.jpg

Finally the LED Light strips. 38" Long Fully Rubber encapsulated and water proof. $20.95 each String of 96 Led's each
Each LED is

Part NO Emitting Color Operating Voltage Range = 12
Unit: mA Single LED Luminous Intensity*2 = 1200
Unit: mcd Dominant Wavelength / CCT*1 = 467nm
UNIT: nm / K Beam Pattern = 120 degrees
Unit: degrees Price Each = 20.95
Unit: USD

B.jpg

Other colors Available (different prices)

I've confirmed with the owners of the tanks where those pics were taken that these are the same LED's SBLED's used to sell them in 4' Lengths but no longer offer that unless you want a large amount they will cut to size for you.

Total = 78 + shipping which is really reasonable for 1 DC 1 Pig tail and 3 Led Light Bars.

I have been searching and searching to find some actinic lights suitable for my tank but I have very limited space to mount them. I either need them slim line or mounted onto my existing light fixtures. Just as I had given up hope
I stumbled across some guys using High Powered LED lights in their tanks. All of these pictures are LED lights 120 LED's to be exact in a flexi array. All of the LED's are water proof and submersible.The amount of POP that you get from these LED's are amazing. The stats as far as I can discern are as follows. I saw them in person at a fellow reefers house and my goodness its like spot lighting corals without flooding the tank with actinic.

120 LED lights in a Flexible Array surrounded by Acrylic/Silicone/Rubber.
Submersible and already wired.
Each LED is supposedly 0.01 watt.
Each LED strip has a double sided backing that can stick to flat surfaces.
Each Strip uses about 20 watts. 1 DC adapter (4 amp can power 3 sets of lights.)

Can ANYONE find these LED's? I saw some on google for as cheap as 11.00 + 5 Shipping. they sell Plug and Play Inverters for them as well.

IMG_5623.jpg

IMG_5578.jpg

IMG_5623.jpg

attachment.php

attachment.php

rainbow.jpg

sunset.jpg

Wow those pics are great!!! Proofs in the pudding. At that price you can rig up all your tanks lights with those. Do they come in a white or 10k? Whats the website?

john90009

NJRC Member
do you think that if you put so much leds for moonlights over the coral at night time they realize it and notice that its not completely night time?

Are you looking at these for coral growth or just color supplementation? I ask because the specs on the leds and optics aren't the greatest for growth.

Dave said:
Anyone know the PAR on the LED's?

Unit: mA Single LED Luminous Intensity*2 = 1200
Unit: mcd Dominant Wavelength / CCT*1 = 467nm
UNIT: nm / K Beam Pattern = 120 degrees

Based on these specs from the original post you are looking at 3 lumens per led with a wide dispersion pattern. Sadly, there isn't a lumens to par conversion.
For a comparison, the Cree XR-E Q5 leds that are common with DIYers have an output of 107 min / 228 max lumens each before optics.

To give you a par reference though of what can be done with leds, this is a biocube 14g that consists of 11 high power Cree XR-E LEDs, 6 cool white and 5 royal blue. With the proper optics you can rival 250W MHs without the heat, but boy what an upfront cost.
index.php

those pictures are amazing. Are those led strips just for look or does it take over for actinic lighting? It looks awesome no matter what and i would love to do that to my tank. Keep me posted with more information.. Thanks

so did this idea get dropped? can these specific LEDs above be used for lps, sps coral growth? would this be a efficient substitute for T5s or MHs? actually extremely curious, would love as much info as i could get..