• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Since adding the Ka Reactor

Phyl, for the first time in a long time I'm actually happy with my coral-less tank.

I've done so much scrubbing, changing, fish ejecting, treating, dosing, adding eqipment and i'm finally over the hump.

Thanks for all the advice from everyone.

Pictures will be coming.

dnov99

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
MikeNapoli said:
Just found one of my old API tests for KH and it changed color after 8 drips and changed completely after 9 drips. I think this means my dKH according to this test is roughly between 8 and 9 and my ALK is between 2.85 and 3.2.

I'm a tiny bit more comfortable.

Mike, happy to hear that the DKH is not as high as we thought!! Just threw my Salifert kits in the garbage!!

dnov99 said:
MikeNapoli said:
Just found one of my old API tests for KH and it changed color after 8 drips and changed completely after 9 drips. I think this means my dKH according to this test is roughly between 8 and 9 and my ALK is between 2.85 and 3.2.

I'm a tiny bit more comfortable.

Mike, happy to hear that the DKH is not as high as we thought!! Just threw my Salifert kits in the garbage!!

I'm right behind you on that. Mine's gone as well.

I heard it's only the ALK test though. Don't know how true that is. I guess i'll have to compare it to all my others. Actually my Salifert Nitrate test reads high also.