• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Skimmer for 40 Gallon

I am having trouble with finding a skimmer for my Reefer 170. I first tried the Simplicity 120 but had nothing but problems, and the noise was too loud, especially for a DC motor. Then I got a Octo 150 INT which I love because it’s very quiet and reliable, it just seems oversized for this water volume. I just can’t seem to dial it in properly. Any recommendations? Must be quiet as it’s in a home office right next to my desk.

Skip the skimmer, you're tanks still small enough to be fine without it. On that size tank it'd be more for co2 drive off which will probably be better with the over sized skimmer like the one you got. So skip it or keep what you got is my vote. Also the aquavitro skimmers seem cool

Yeah I do love it for the co2 drive off, it’s just seems like there are a ton of skimmers for nano tank, and a lot for 100 gallons and up, but not a bunch for tanks in between