• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Skimmer Going NUTS

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I was using Aqua stick Epoxy Putty today for the first time it is Not the brand I normally use. I used it on some Frags I have that just will not stay put. Next thing I new I had many Micro Bubbles in my tank and the skimmer was going nuts! The Putty I normally use dose not do this.
It has been about four hours and I plug the skimmer back in and it is not as bad but still getting lots of micro bubbles in my display tank. I hope this will not hurt my Fish.

malulu

NJRC Member
it is ok, it won't hurt your fishes, nor corals... i always unplug my skimmer after the epoxy putty, and plug them back in next day...

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Daniel

I have been using that epoxy for awhile and I have never experienced any thing like that with my skimmer. I have a ton of that stuff in my tank.

Could there have been something on your hands when you put them in the tank? (other than the epoxy, obviously! :) )

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
ReefDrumz said:
Daniel

I have been using that epoxy for awhile and I have never experienced any thing like that with my skimmer. I have a ton of that stuff in my tank.

Could there have been something on your hands when you put them in the tank? (other than the epoxy, obviously! :) )
I wash my hands when ever I put my hands in the tank. I have been using the same soap for years. I think it is the putty.

Leaving your skimmer off for 24hours will not hurt your tank as long as you remember to turn it back on again after that. Otherwise your nitrates will go nuts.

Attachments

• Santa silver back.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 79

malulu

NJRC Member
Posted on: March 14, 2007, 10:02:23 PM
Posted by: Daniel
The skimmer is back to normal Thank God ;D

Posted on: March 13, 2007, 09:38:46 PM
Bah Bah Bah...

you see... it is about 24 hours...
;)