• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Skinny Lawnmower Blenny

OK, stupid question guy's. What type of algae do lawnmowers eat besides hair? My boy was a monster a few Mos. ago, but now he looks like he's just hanging on... He was a bully a few Mos ago... No more hair algae I guess ;D But I feel bad for the poor little guy.

I have some very coarse brown algae on only a few pieces of Fiji for some reason. It's hard for me to remove with my hands, let alone his mouth.

I tried chucking in some grape caulerpa from my refugium for him and my yellow tang, but I'm not sure if he eats it.

What do you think?

Erik

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Yup, That's good advice, although I never tried the nori mixed with garlic, just straight nori.

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
No, Nori is dried seaweed. You can rubber band it to a rock or Stick it in your algae magnet.

Try an Asian Grocery Store or your local supermarket, either one should have it.