• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Skinny white worm ID

Hi guys,

Hope everyone is well! I get straight to the point...
I started seeing little thread like worms on the live rock and on the bottom of my tank (bare bottom).
They seem to be more active in the dark, but they are just being blown around -kindbof like those tall air dummies in front of car dealerships.
They are super super thin almost like a spider web with a fatter area up towards the top of the string (body)?... They aren't invading the tank but they just are there getting blown around by the MP40...

They don't seem to be doing anything at all. Corals look good, water parameters are in check, and all fish and frags are happy and growing.

What the hell are they? I see them in my GFO and carbon reactors as well.

DYIguy

NJRC Member
I will stick with vermatids. Google a pic and compare.
You may be right- I thought they were on the bottom- look for a hard tube- that's what vermetids have- spaghetti worms look like spaghetti- actually more like oriental noodles lol. If so, a couple/few bumblebee snails should take care of them

Last edited: