• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Small Angels

DYIguy

NJRC Member
I don't have any sps, I got a nice deal on a pygmy angel- still small but I like it's temperament- thinking about adding another small angel- flame, coral beauty, bicolor. Bad idea?

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
What size tank, and what other fish and corals
80g. Also have yellow tang, pink spot goby, pair clowns, melanarous wrasse, comet. Various coral softies, lps,sps. I can't keep scans and assume angels puck at it.

radiata

NJRC Member
Worst I can say, was for a pygmy angel (African Flame-back?), I once had. It took a dislike to my (expensive) Galba Damselfish and harassed it mercilessly until it was no more. Adios $150 Galba!

DYIguy

NJRC Member
80g. Also have yellow tang, pink spot goby, pair clowns, melanarous wrasse, comet. Various coral softies, lps,sps. I can't keep scans and assume angels puck at it.
How is the biclor angel working out for you? I have a pygme and a coral beautty for the past 6 months and thinking about adding another angel- heard mixed reviews on bicolors, thinking about a dwarf yellow or a lemon peel instead

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I caught it eating candy cane coral and some others. Go with a different angel.

We currently have a Joc and a lemonpeel hybrid. The Joc is well behaved. Third of three we have had that have been perfect.

The lemonpeel hybrid eats purple stylo, frogspawn, acros, and Zoas
She is lucky she was a gift from a friend.

We have had multicolors, golden dwarf, flames, false Shephardi, coral beauties, flame backs, and pygmy angels. The false shepherdi have been fine. So were the golden dwarf and pygmy. The flames are hit or miss, the coral beauties have been jerks, as were the flames, the flame backs were 1:1 one coral safe, one not, and the pygmies were the same.

Reactions: Jph
Where and when did you get the Joculator? Love that fish. I feel I blew my only chance to ever have one a few years back.

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Where and when did you get the Joculator? Love that fish. I feel I blew my only chance to ever have one a few years back.
Blue zoo has them listed- but out of stock. 2 grand or more for a fish that looks like a $40 bicolor- no thanks

We bought her from Live Aquaria before the company was sold. She was my “I finished school” present to myself.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member

Yeah they used to be a lot cheaper than they are now, we would love to pair it with another one but the price point got out of hand.