• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Smith Family IM 200EXT build

Jamie S

NJRC Member
It finally arrived! As much as I’m excited that it’s arrived, I’m nervous about moving the existing inhabitants from the 120 and biocube to the 200. I have to say the build quality is top notch for the price. I opted for the complete package because it seemed to be a great value if you’re willing to wait for it to be built. They say 12-16 weeks from order to delivery but it was literally half that time at about 6 weeks.
The move is going to happen in stages as I have to move the 2 tanks into the dining room, have new floors put down (we just gave the deposit today so it’s happening soon) then install the 200 and move everything over. Moving the 120 about 10’ is what I’m looking forward to the most. If anyone has done this and would like to share their experience I’d welcome all advice. I do have a few 30 gallon poly drums that I can move water into and some inhabitants. I’m not sure how much exactly to remove and whether I should just empty enough water to keep the fish, rock and coral in then fill it back up with the same water after moved over. I’m kinda stressing over this to be honest.
Anyway I’ll post again soon with the equipment list as I’m going to use a lot of the existing and I’ve bought a few extras. I do have to order the 8020 for the light rack as this build won’t have a canopy. After everything is moved over and the 120 is empty I’ll be posting the tank, stand, canopy, sump, return pumps, and filter roller for sale. I’d love to keep the filter roller but the sump doesn’t have room for one which is a bummer.
I’ll be posting pictures of each stage so enjoy the ride!

Attachments

• IMG_2811.jpeg
    IMG_2811.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2812.jpeg
    IMG_2812.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2813.jpeg
    IMG_2813.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2818.jpeg
    IMG_2818.jpeg