• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Snowboarding!

rodclement

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
So anyone out there wants to go snowboarding? What are the good places near the Central/North Jersey areas? I am off from work every Monday and can drive if anyone is interested just PM me...

Disclaimer...I am 38 years old so the half pipe is way past my prime! ;D

Rod

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
There's no snow anywhere around here yet! LOL! Mountain Creek is the "local" place, but the Poconos are a short hop and Hunter an easy 5 hr jaunt.

That said pick a Monday when there's snow on the mountains and *cough cough* we'll all have to be sick that day! Of course we're skiers, not boarders. But snow is snow.

rodclement

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
WOW I tought Hunter was closer! As for the snow...I wanted to get an early start! ;D You skiers are welcome as well! :)

Rod

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I haven't snowboarded in at least 10 years or more. I'll be sticking to the two planks though. Age and weight factors.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
John says it is only about 2.5-3 hours for you. Must be about 3-3.5 for us. My distanc-o-meter must be off!

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
You better put wheels on the bottom of the board if you want to ride now. Vermont has no snow right now either. Whistler has 18 feet already if you are up for a short flight.

ill meet up with you guys for a Hunter trip if youre down. Hunter is actually a GREAT mountain when its not crowded. Mountain Creek has a top notch park setup with good jumps and rails. I dont ride as much as I used to but I look forward to it this season.

mnat said:
You better put wheels on the bottom of the board if you want to ride now. Vermont has no snow right now either. Whistler has 18 feet already if you are up for a short flight.

whistler gets so much snow it seems every year. Id love to check that place out but dont know if the funds are there right now. Also wouldnt mind trying skiing this year too.

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
we'er probably getting all three of my sons snow boards for Christmas. Anyone know any good stores in the South Jersey Philly area?

i dont know about shops down there but you will get better prices if you order online. Ive ordered many products from surftheearthsnowboards.com

The have free shipping on order over 70 bucks and you should check out their clearance boards, pretty cheap. They ship pretty fast.

I used to go to Camelback before I had a fracture in my foot, maybe this year will be the year I get back on the board.

I like Camelback from me it is about an hour and 15, but it is fun and we make it in to a day trip.

Well I'm neither a skier nor a snowboarder, but my oldest son, who is attending East Stroudburg University, started snowboarding 2 years ago. ESU is only 2 hours from us (Howell), so it's not far. Yes, it's in the Poconos Mountains - VERY beautiful up there. :) ...oh....and the slopes have opened.

when I used to live up north I was one of the mountain creek park rats. But I really got turned off from that place because it has turned into a complete zoo of people just not being safe- cutting people off, sitting on the transitions of the jumps, and anything else you can think of. I even saw a group of kids who were completely drunk getting on the gondola. Its too bad because their park is amazing.

Never did camelback but I would. I hear its pretty mellow and good for families.

JerseyWendy said:
Well I'm neither a skier nor a snowboarder, but my oldest son, who is attending East Stroudburg University, started snowboarding 2 years ago. ESU is only 2 hours from us (Howell), so it's not far. Yes, it's in the Poconos Mountains - VERY beautiful up there. :) ...oh....and the slopes have opened.

My good friend goes to ESU, small world.

I'm planning on taking my brother-in-law and his wife up to the Poconos when they come in for New Years. It may just be their first snow if we don't see some down here first.

Come to think of it, the wife and I have given all of her family the freezing gift of snow. Even on top of Snowbird in July! Grandma and Gramdpa survived the coldest they have ever been as well.

rodclement

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I am going on Monday, not sure where, open to suggestions but Mountain Creek seems like the winner so far. Anyone want to come?

Leaving from Edison in the am at some point, not too early so we let rush hour pass.
Capacity: Me plus two with gear
Goal: To have as much fun as possible without having a heart attack

Who's up for it!

Rod