• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

So I had a great day. Not!

Ok so I was using a 70 gal. Watering trough for my base sump. Socks emptied into it. Then I have 2 other pumps. Blaster 5000 (think that's the name not the one for skimmers) that pushes water through a baffle that feeds gfo/ carbon, biopellets, and cal reactor. They all dump into an upper acrylic sump that has 2 chambers. One with cheto and the other with my skimmer. Got all that? Well 6 months ago I moved stuff around in lower sump. Moved the titantium heater. It melted a part of the plastic where the drain plug is. Couldn't see it. Didn't leak but hey it's ok. Fast fowRd 6 months. Doung water change. Figure let me feel that area. I didn't know it right away but it was see through. The black plastic had a micro film. That was clear and held till I touched it! Slow leak. Thought at first I spilled water ( happens a lot over here). No. Realized it had to be the melt area. Got my trusty 50 gallon (clean) garbage cans ( the ones janitors use czlnt rsmember name). Pumped it all out. Ran to trop. Bought a marine land 55 gallon cube. Rebuilt everything. Thank god cutting the drains didn't screw with the bulkheads! It's done but good lord. And the irony? Darren stopped by yesterday and twisted my mind with what temp he keeps his tank at! I don't even need the heater. So it's fixed. I'm tired. But oh well!

at least you were there to catch the problem..imagine if you were away on vacation if that leak had erupted then...