• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Softy frags

Just moved back to NJ from GA. In the process of cycling my tank and I am looking for some small softy frags if anyone has any. Have a few weeks left of my cycle just want to see whats out there. Live in Bergen County, any local? Also what fish stores do you go to around here. TIA.

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
You have Iconic Aquariums in Tenafly which is probably the closest to you...that I know of

Went to Beital's Aquariums in Pearl River NY which is close to me yesterday for some things, and I was rubbed the wrong way when the staff was talking to me. Anyone else experience that?

jmags080307

SPS Grow Out Winner
Sea Level is good. They have frag tanks ranging from $10 To $50. Iconic has a nice selection and the owner(joe?) Is a really nice guy.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
Went to Beital's Aquariums in Pearl River NY which is close to me yesterday for some things, and I was rubbed the wrong way when the staff was talking to me. Anyone else experience that?
Never heard of the place. I guess that's probably a reason why I haven't.

erics210

NJRC Member

Dumont/Bergen County guy here.
As soon as I saw Beital's I was about to write my nasty reference. Then read the rest of your post.
Was SUPER tough to buy anything in there. Not 1 employee spoke english, and since more of a warehouse, they really could care less about walk ins as they sell high dollar fish online. Owner makes tons of money and specifically stated he didnt need my business after I came back to inform him I spread Brown Jelly disease from a purchased coral that killed some of my euphyilia garden. Was my own fault for having no QT system, but still. Took no ownership. Did give me a bulkhead I needed, but would not recommend him.

As Marcus stated, Iconic Aquariums in Tenafly! This is the way to go!
Joe knows his stuff. Good, healthy selection and well cared for...

Shame, I've had a similar experience with Beital's. I was hoping they were just having a bad day.

Iconic Aquarium is definitely a place to check out, easy going and got some neat stuff.

Couldn’t be more accurate with Beital. And like you said it is a shame and i thought it was just me... there aren’t a lot of lfs that deal with anything saltwater around here so you’d think that they’d be a little more forthcoming with open arms and reasonable due to the fact I’m sure there are a lot of people up here in the hobby, but there are people who don’t want to get involved. On a side note, went to Iconic and was amazed on selection and availability just in what he had in stock. Not to mention his turn around on special requests and competitive pricing on livestock and supplies. Will definitely be my “home base” for stuff.

jmags080307

SPS Grow Out Winner
Couldn’t be more accurate with Beital. And like you said it is a shame and i thought it was just me... there aren’t a lot of lfs that deal with anything saltwater around here so you’d think that they’d be a little more forthcoming with open arms and reasonable due to the fact I’m sure there are a lot of people up here in the hobby, but there are people who don’t want to get involved. On a side note, went to Iconic and was amazed on selection and availability just in what he had in stock. Not to mention his turn around on special requests and competitive pricing on livestock and supplies. Will definitely be my “home base” for stuff.

always wanted to try Beital since it's 15 minutes from my job. glad i didn't waste my time. wish iconic was closer to me. went once, great stuff, great owner. it's just an hour ride for me.

Ocean Image Aquatics

Alex @OiA is great. really nice guy and very helpful.:eagerness::eagerness: