• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Somerville / Hillsboro Area

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
May be looking at a relocation to the area. Any availability advice on quick, temp lodging (i.e. efficiency, temp room mate, etc)other then hotel will be appreciated.

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Thanks John.

Thank God for the Internet. I was able to find out that Raritan, Somerville, and Hillsboro all have real good High Schools and the house prices are somewhat reasonable. While, Benards and Baskin Ridge High are among the best in that area (state as well), the house pricing appear way out of my range. We won't know anything until tomorrow though so I'm probably getting ahead of myself here.

hey Rich juast to help you make a decisionon on housing.....i lived in the somerville, hillsborough area for about 20 years (owned a townhouse in Hillsborough). If I was you I would look in Hillsborough! Somerville has some issues, (lets leave it at that) Hillsborough on the other hand is a little "higher end", if you know what I am saying. I had a townhouse in "The Meadows" decent place at a reasonable price. And look on the bright side if you move to Hillsborough you'll be less than a mile from Smoller. The other place you can lookat is Manville, the next town over,(probably the cheapest housing of the towns) just stay out of the flood zone. ;D

If you are loking for the bottom of the barrel cheapest place to hang your hat....look into the Chester House in Manville (On main St). You will just be getting a room above a bar but the owner of the building is first class all the way. His name is Tom Troganowski tell him Stan the paint man sent you! I have re-done his bar a couple of times. Now mind you this is just a place to come home and sleep not a place you will want to live for long, but hey when things are tough you do what you gotta do.

Rich if you need more info PM me I can hook you up with all kinds of realtors and info. Hillsborgh and Somerville is where i make my living with my business.

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Great Stan...thanks, I'll definitely be reaching out if I get the job.

I'll be looking for a room for just me until my house sells. I'll be commuting home on the weekends. If the planets all line up, I'll get my house sold and into a new one in time for Zach to start High School in the fall. I know, it's a tall order. I'd like to find something in (based on order of High School preference) Bridgewater-Raritan, Hillsboro, or Somerville. Somerville's High School scores very high actually while Manville didn't do so well.

Then again, gotta get the job first.

Thanks again!

OMG! RichT a neighbor....sort of!

We don't have an extra room but I do know where you can stop by for a meal and refreshments!

momof6kids

NJRC Member
Rich,
You should look into Bridgewater, it's a really nice town. ;)
You would think with a 5 bedroom house I would have an extra room, but I can't seem to get rid of these girls. :)

Good luck,
Erna

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Thanks all.

I had hoped to hear something back by now but alas, no answer yet.

We're keeping our fingers crossed!

Edwardw771

NJRC Member
I drive thru Hillsboro everyday to and from work. I see a few places with for rent signs. let me know if you need numbers.