• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Something new popping up

That's awesome! Are they near mature rock flowers or popping up away in different parts of the tank? Does their color mimic the mature ones you have?

Most of them are orange, yellow, or red. We have adult red, orange, and green rock flowers. One isn’t colored up yet, and is grey. One is in the rock work, one is in a shell, and the rest are in the sand bed. They are scattered around the tank; some are close to the big rock flowers; some are not.

Bandito Aquatics

NJRC Member
I bought a rock with a baby on it and it’s been browning ever since I never got to see its parents but I will say I do feed it and simi often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Do you have an estimate as to how many little ones you got

We have found like 8 of them so far. They are all the same red color which is pretty nice. We will see how it goes.

Last edited by a moderator:
We have found like 5 or 6 of them so far. They are all the same red color which is pretty nice. We will see how it goes.
That’s one of the coolest things. Seriously congrats. I have three flower nems. I almost never see them. Always hiding

Thanks for sharing!

Do you do anything special? Target feed special food? Anemone adult videos? Pile them onto the same rock? I'd love for some of mine to spawn.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
That’s one of the coolest things. Seriously congrats. I have three flower nems. I almost never see them. Always hiding

Yeah we are pretty happy with it, in all our years in the hobby we have never had this happen. After doing some reading, this is pretty rare but does happen in captivity. Our guys kind of bubbled up and we thought it was just a reaction to the light, but it was sperm sacs that were going to be released into the water.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Thanks for sharing!

Do you do anything special? Target feed special food? Anemone adult videos? Pile them onto the same rock? I'd love for some of mine to spawn.

No we do not feed anything special for the corals, though we did get a sample from tropic marin at RAP we might try out. We just try and put them places were they will stick and not get blown away. We have a few in the rocks, one in an old tube worm tube, and one in a zoa colony. Apparently the more the merrier, most people who have had this happen have like 8-12 flower nems, we have 5 mommas.

David@wegetkraken

Area Local Reef Club
No we do not feed anything special for the corals, though we did get a sample from tropic marin at RAP we might try out. We just try and put them places were they will stick and not get blown away. We have a few in the rocks, one in an old tube worm tube, and one in a zoa colony. Apparently the more the merrier, most people who have had this happen have like 8-12 flower nems, we have 5 mommas.
This is SO cool! I have 9 rock flowers in my 120 currently and would LOVE it if they had babies at some point. Awesome stuff!