• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

SOW15 Powerhead

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
So now the power head wrapped out. Yes it's clean. Gave it a vinegar soak and cleaning; not to bad.
It runs but stops n starts for no reason. Any clue what's wrong with it?

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Well the past hour it's working fine. I did find this video and will try the fix if it happens again.

Salted

NJRC Member
Well the past hour it's working fine. I did find this video and will try the fix if it happens again.
I wouldn't bother with that. Rubber against rubber is going to wear very fast. High friction surface. I don't know if jebao bushings are ceramic or not but ceramic is very slick, hard and durable. Having a cycling background I'm familiar with ceramic bearings and they're only only on the best and most expensive equipment. If your pumps' stoppages are due to the shaft/bushing interface my first thought would be through cleaning, second would be very fine sandpaper on each end of the shaft if it's rough and last would be a tiny dab of silicone lube on each end.