• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Sponges

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
I have always loved the colors of sponges. They can come in vibrant yellows, oranges, and reds. I am always searching for additional information on everything that is reefing. But I was shocked when I read about sponges today. Interesting read....

I was actually going to ask about these black sponges or what I believe are sponges I found covering rock in my sand bed 20190925_165031.jpg20190925_165025.jpgnot sure where or when they made it into the tank system but now I'm guessing they are bad

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
1570055196341.png

All sponges are great filter feeder. Tree sponges (Ptilocaulis sp.) are not common sponges. They are safe, non aggressive and peaceful sponges that can be added to a reef aquarium unlike the other sponges that can kill/damage corals in the tank.

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
@Jeremy Brito If it is a black sponge watch it. Some black sponges were once white or a color sponge that has died and turned black. The dead sponge usually doesn't cause problems in the tank. If no noticeable growth, it's an okay black sponge. Some black sponges are invasive species that could take over if you let it do it own thing.

Godzilla Black plague or meglodon black plague
Ultra rare Godzilla tank armageddon black plague sponge frags 65 dollars each if your interested. Grows like a plague easy to cultivate for beginners
Also available Super Ultra Green ecto plasma zoas 45 for 5 polyps what a steal any takers shoot me a PM:dance::cop::greedy_dollars::listening_headphones:

palythoa-green1.jpg20190925_165025.jpg

Attachments

• 20190925_165025.jpg
    20190925_165025.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0