• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

SPS Growth Photos

horseplay

NJRC Member
9d03a54f82cb0a507859834cccb8a34e.jpg

Mine was growing pretty good then my tank started eating up alk and it took me 2 week to get it stable again. It didnt handle the alk swing and lost color at the base. Its starting to color up again tho.

Mine turned bone white.....I moved it to a different spot to see if it would help so tucked it in the rocks without gluing, and it’s disappeared. Abducted by the tuxedo urchin no doubt. Not the first, won’t be the last.....somewhere under my rock work is a collection of misplaced little corals.

Tested my magnesium and it had dropped, alk was low and calc was very high—I understand low mag can cause the alk/calc balance to be thrown way off, so I’m attributing the whiting out of the Acro to that. Zoas and LPS are thriving, the SPS generally are doing OK but have looked better in the past. Working to get the parameters fixed, gradually and safely. May have been too aggressive with the magnesium at first as the linckia star was lying mouth-side up in the sand bed for about 24 hours, just as I was about to remove it as dead I noticed some of its tube feet emerging so gave it another day. The next day it had turned over in the same spot, and a couple of days later it was back to cruising on the rock work and wall as active as it ever was.

etmanning1

NJRC Member
Zoas Grow Out Winner
Who's picking the winner?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

As per rules:

--> Judging:

1) Zoas--> Simply the highest number of polyps at end of contest wins, frags will be 3 polyps to start.

2) SPS--> Members will vote for who they think wins at the end of the contest. This is based off both coloration and more importantly, growth

I’ll be adding a poll to this and the official thread. Please vote on who you think won. The following are the people who are eligible:

Jmags
Etmanning1
Mrx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk